Lawyer with Tech Experience
Our company is an innovative business operating in the legal-tech industry. We are leaders in our field and operate on a global scale. We’re used by over 60,000 clients in the US and in more than 100 other countries.
We’re looking for a lawyer to integrate with our legal team and work on the following activities:
- Legal reports and opinions;
- High tech product and software analyses;
- Drafting privacy policies, terms & conditions and other legal documents required for the web properties of our enterprise clients;
- Coordinating with our international legal partners, who help us provide our service internationally.
- Write legal documents from scratch that work for a large amount of users out of the box.
As Italian laws require, the lawyer, if enrolled in any Bar Association, will be requested to work for iubenda as an independent contractor and not as an employee. Also notice that you won’t be performing any litigation activities.
- Perfect written legal English. Fluency in English is a must.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience.
- Previous experience with internet law, privacy law, e-commerce law, drafting of privacy policies and terms & conditions, corporate law;
- The ability to understand how online software works, its dynamics, the different business models (SaaS, freemium, advertising etc.);
- Additional languages (French, German, Spanish) are more than welcome;
- An attitude to organizing your work efficiently and to draft modular legal documents;
- Interest and/or experience in tech & software.
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU
- To be goal-oriented and owning responsibilities;
- Team collaboration;
- To be smart and curious, able to understand our products, organize complex matters and solve issues with thoroughness;
- Logic skills/analytical and detail-oriented;
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary along with the possibility of a tax incentive in Italy, applied for: citizens of a EU Country or a non-EU Country, with which Italy has either a double tax treaty, under the condition of having worked and/or studied abroad for at least two years.
- Working in a continuously growing environment.
- No dress code – Casual working environment.
- Possible flexible working hours and remote work.
- English classes (In Bologna's office only).
- Winter/Summer retreats.
- Workshops & Training events.
- Equipment allowance.
About our company
iubenda is an online service that makes it easy for website owners, app developers, agencies and organizations in general, to comply with international privacy laws. We currently serve over 60,000 paying customers in 100+ different countries, in 8 languages. The company is very healthy and is able to finance its aggressive growth independently. You can check out our website at www.iubenda.com.
Our vision is that the legal market is one of the few that are yet to be disrupted by technology - our aim, therefore, is to be the leading providers of software facilitated compliance solutions. We started from offering privacy/e-commerce compliance to SMB and so far we’ve been dominating this small niche.
Our headquarters are in Italy (in Bologna and in Milan) but our team spans multiple countries as some team members work remotely.
We are looking for candidates who are willing to embrace the challenge of a small company, take accountability for the tasks and own the issues and projects, with a team collaborative attitude.